Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gyaru

Ain't she a cutey? Well, my posting fervor's calmed so I decided to show what I've been working on so far before I lose all motivation. Obviously, this girl is still a work in progress; I've got to add more shadows and such to make her pop. After drilling myself with these pieces, I think I've gotten a little more confident with being consistent with my light source.

On another note, I've been watching live streams of artists drawing. A little creeper, yes but helpful. You can get a bountiful of information from just watching another person paint at real time. Sure, you can be distracted by chat but really, you need some kind of entertainment while you're viewing someone do their thing for 5+ hours. Come for the knowledge, stay for the lulz.

Update~!

1 comment:

  1. watch your pose:

    currently the legs don't read as connected to her cause the line of the legs don't join with the hips.

    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_kyuBN4GsaYo/TR0AbRZmmqI/AAAAAAAAI_8/Y35zRrowNVA/s800/my.jpg

    ReplyDelete